Thank you for visiting Family Promise (FP) online at www.familypromise.org. We respect your privacy and are committed to protecting your personal information.
We will not sell, share or trade our donors’ names or personal information with any other entity, nor send mailings to our donors on behalf of other organizations. This policy applies to all information received by Family Promise, both online and offline, on any Platform (“Platform”, includes the Family Promise website and mobile applications), as well as any electronic, written, or oral communications.
By submitting your information to us or any of our staff, you consent to the terms and conditions of the policy and to our processing personal information for the purposes stated below.
“Personal information” is information that identifies you personally, such as your name, address, telephone number, and email address. We collect and store the personal information that you have provided us in the following ways:
- When you request information through an email address identified on our website or otherwise contact us in person, by phone, or by email, we may then collect your name, address, telephone number and email in order to respond to your inquiry.
- We may collect your name, email address, address, telephone number and other contact information if you register for an event.
- We may collect your name, email address, telephone number and payment information when you make a contribution, either on or website, over the phone, in person, or by mailing a check.
The above list is a sample of personal information that may be collected by FP. From time to time, we may collect personal information in ways not described above.
Use and Disclosure of Personal Information
- We will not sell, trade, or share your personal information, collected on the website, by other means, or through any other business activities with anyone else.
- We will not send you mailings on behalf of other organizations.
- We will only share your personal information if you give us specific permission to do so.
- We will collect payment information, billing address and other information necessary to process a donation or event registration.
- We will use your information to comply with the law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to conform to the requirements of law or comply with legal process served on us, protect and defend our rights or act in urgent circumstances to protect the personal safety of others.
- We will use the personal information to protect against potential fraud. We may verify with third parties the information collected in the course of processing a gift, event registration or other donation. If you use a credit card or debit card, we may use card authorization and fraud screening services to verify that your card information and address matches the information that you supplied to us and that the card being used has not been reported lost or stolen.
- We may employ other companies and individuals (agents) to perform functions on our behalf. Examples may include providing technical assistance, mailing services and customer service. These other agents will have access to Personal Information and other information only as necessary to perform their functions and to the extent permitted by law.
- You have the right to review information that we have collected about you. To review that information, please contact us in writing at Family Promise, 71 Summit Ave., Summit, NJ 07901.