Family Promise is always looking to take advantage of the extraordinary talents of those who have been touched by our organization. Whether a former guest or a captain of industry, compassionate individuals who want to make a difference are the magic ingredients in our recipe for success as the nation’s leader in helping families experiencing homelessness.
One area of focus over the past year has been on expanding the national Board of Directors to include new business sectors and geographical areas. We are proud to welcome three dynamic new board members, further enhancing our ability to fulfill our mission, build our brand and diversify the skill sets we can bring to bear on challenges facing Affiliates across the country.
- Kevin Barrett, President of Altegra Health in Weston, Florida, brings more than 25 years of experience in business development in the healthcare industry, providing invaluable expertise in growing our organization nationwide.
- Eileen Serra, Senior Advisor at JP Morgan Chase adds elite abilities in marketing and strategic growth initiatives as we look to raise our profile as a national influencer in the fields of social services and community engagement.
- Nadim Ahmed, President of Worldwide Markets for Celgene Corporation, has extensive international experience in communications and marketing.
Angela Schroeder, Family Promise Board Chair, said, “We are thrilled to welcome our new Trustees to the National Board. Kevin adds impressive leadership while enhancing our national footprint in the south, Eileen brings years of consumer marketing experience, and Nadim’s global strategic perspective is invaluable to our growth trajectory.”
Family Promise also continues to develop our innovative Guest Advisory Council, comprised of former guests of Affiliates nationwide. We added two new members this year, bringing the Council’s membership to seven.
- Candice Stewart-Fife, a former guest of the Union County (NJ) program, has gone on to obtain five degrees, including two Master’s, since graduating from the program and recently accepted the position of Executive Director of Family Promise of Bryan County (GA).
- Syri Gerstner was a guest at Family Promise of Greater Phoenix, where she now leads the Graduate program for families transitioning back to home and work life.
Our entire organization, and the families we serve, benefit immeasurably from the knowledge and generosity of these former guests. They help shape our efforts and spread our message of hope and compassion in the fight to end family homelessness.
Family Promise is not a top-down organization—each of our Affiliates is an independent entity, meeting their specific challenges with their own unique solutions. But the national office provides expertise and collates knowledge gleaned from helping more than 200 Affiliates develop over thirty years. Our Board of Directors and our Guest Advisory Council are key elements of that endeavor, and we appreciate their valuable contributions.