Family Promise, the national leader in addressing family homelessness, is seeking candidates for a Technology Education Specialist role to support our network of 200+ Affiliates across the country with their use of technology. This position offers a significant opportunity to make a positive impact on our aspiration to change the future for one million children by 2030. We are looking for an experienced technical trainer who can jump into ongoing implementation projects; engage with and understand the needs of our Affiliate leaders, coordinators, and case managers; and collaborate with stakeholders to effectively launch and maintain the transformative data systems we need to continue to scale up our efforts and face the growing challenges addressing families experiencing and at risk of homelessness.
This position reports to the Systems Architect and works closely with the Affiliate Services team to ensure the technology solutions we are providing are in-line with the business needs and challenges facing Family Promise Affiliates. This position will primarily be supporting the rollout and ongoing maintenance of FP Connect, a case-management application built in-house on the Salesforce platform. The Technology Education Specialist will provide training and ongoing support to our network of Affiliates who are using FP Connect, ensuring that teams are taking full advantage of our application and the underlying Salesforce functionality, including Salesforce.org’s Non-Profit Success Pack (NPSP) application for volunteer and donor management. Additionally, this position will work with the System Architect and outside developers in providing continuous improvement to FP Connect by collecting user feedback, collaborating on future app development, and managing testing and training periods for future releases.
A successful candidate for this role must be a strong teacher and listener, above all. A strong candidate will have demonstrated proficiency in creating technical guides and resources, leading trainings and onboardings, and responding clearly and empathetically to support requests. The ability to collaborate while building consensus, strong written and verbal communication skills, and a genuine interest in Family Promise’s mission to help our nation’s homeless crisis is critical for success in this position. Salesforce experience is preferred, but not required.
- Lead virtual training and onboarding for future releases of our Salesforce application, FP Connect.
- Develop training materials, including PDF guides, slide decks, videos, and webinars, to build out the resources we provide Affiliates to onboard staff and learn new concepts regarding FP Connect and Salesforce.
- Provide ongoing technical support for FP Connect by managing request queues from Affiliate users, including the implementation of requests to customize on the Salesforce platform or integrate third-party solutions.
- Fulfill customization requests in Affiliate instances of Salesforce, including the creation of custom fields, objects, record types, processes & workflows, user access controls, reports, and dashboards. Candidates without prior Salesforce experience will be trained on all of these skills and should have a demonstrated ability and willingness to learn new technology skills quickly.
- Manage feedback cycles and the product development roadmap for FP Connect, engaging with Affiliate users on ways our application can do more to support their needs and translating challenges into opportunities to enhance our technology solutions.
- Support the Systems Architect in the ongoing maintenance and development of Family Promise National’s own instance of Salesforce and NPSP.
- Provide research and guidance for Affiliates interested in tools and applications to address additional business needs not already supported by their technology, such as document management, data security, and communication applications.
- Collaborate on projects to identify and implement solutions to streamline data flow and visibility between National and participating Affiliates to provide holistic reporting and data visualization solutions.
- Support other National-supported technology offerings for Affiliates as needed, including social collaboration and website design platforms.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
- Passion for Family Promise’s mission — to help families experiencing homelessness and low-income families achieve sustainable independence through a community-based response
- Minimum 2 years experience in a technical training, implementation, and/or customer support role
- Proficiency in creating training documentation
- Adept at translating business needs into technical requirements, as well as technical concepts into practical processes, depending on the audience
- Experience hosting live trainings and/or webinars
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Excel and/or CRM data applications
- Basic understanding of nonprofit business structures, roles, and needs
- Excellent project management skills and a positive attitude
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines, handle and prioritize simultaneous requests, and manage laterally and upwards
- Creative and analytical thinker with strong problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency with MSFT Office 365 applications
- Experience with Salesforce, particularly in administration/development
- Experience in technical product development
- Experience in project management
- Experience in social work and case management
- Experience volunteering or working for a nonprofit, especially if it was with a Family Promise Affiliate
- Salesforce certification(s) a plus
(No, we don’t expect candidates to have all of these types of experience — but each will give you a unique advantage in this role!)
The full-time, Technology Education Specialist position is onsite at the National office located in Summit, NJ. All staff currently have remote flexibility for the COVID-19 crisis, and candidates with ongoing remote requirements will be considered.
ABOUT FAMILY PROMISE
Family Promise is the national leader addressing Family Homelessness, comprising more than 200+ Affiliates in 43 states and engaging 200,000 volunteers nationwide. Since our inception in 1988, we have served more than 1 million people— over 126,000 family members annually. Our holistic, community-based response delivers a comprehensive set of solutions through prevention, shelter, and stabilization services. In 2019, Family Promise was awarded Charity Navigator’s coveted 4-star rating for its seventh consecutive year, a top distinction from America’s largest independent charity evaluator. Only 6% of charities achieve this honor.
Family Promise’s Core Values reflect the guiding principles that our team practices in their daily service to the families in need:
- Hospitality – Family Promise is more than shelter—we are hospitality in action. Our 200,000 volunteers nationwide are companions to families, sharing meals, community connections, and compassion so families can focus on achieving their goals.
- Empathy – Family Promise provides highly individualized, person-centered, trauma-informed care. Empathy is at the center of all we do, and we take the time to understand all perspectives. This ensures we deliver excellent service to our guests and maintain a productive and enjoyable work environment.
- Community – Family Promise builds bridges among neighbors, bringing together existing resources to fulfill our mission. The relationships between family members, volunteers, and staff are transformative and power a national movement of communities committed to solving the crisis of family homelessness.
- Dynamism – Family Promise is a dynamic organization, taking a holistic approach to ending family homelessness. Our services, advocacy, and leadership are nimble and future-focused, providing customized and evolving solutions.
- Innovation – Family Promise is innovative and entrepreneurial. Our 200+ Affiliates create original programs in response to local needs. These grassroots initiatives are replicated in communities of all shapes and sizes across the country.
- Empowerment – Family Promise empowers all stakeholders – family members, volunteers, donors, community members, businesses, and government officials – to effect change in their communities so families can achieve economic stability and children can access a brighter future.