Chief Technology Officer
Chief Technology Officer
The Covid-19 pandemic demonstrated the intersectionality between housing instability, technology, and access. As we move toward a future in which technology is embedded in every aspect of our lives, and integral to success, we need to apply it to family homelessness.
Our CTO will be a visionary, passionate about using technology to empower families and mobilize volunteers. They will help us optimize our collection and analysis of data, provide tools to enable our Affiliates to increase impact, and anticipate the ways that technology will reduce family homelessness.
Working with an existing technology team and an array of products provided for our Affiliates, the CTO will help us apply a technology lens to all our strategies. They will integrate technology further into our Affiliate services and make Family Promise the premier data-driven organization in the sector.
- Guide the technical strategic vision for the organization.
- Recruit, grow, nurture, and retain our technology team.
- Deliver consistent and quality enhancements to existing products and drive new product development, including FPConnect, a customized Salesforce app, volunteer management and training systems.
- Optimize our data collection and data analysis functions.
- Constructively critique, refine and improve the strategic direction of the organization, in collaboration with other leaders of the organization.
- Participate as a key thought leader in all aspects of operations, with a view towards technology as an enabler of outcomes.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- 10+ Experience in technology strategy, including data collection and analysis.
- Experience working directly with leaders, serving as their technology partner (at a Director+ level).
- Team management and development.
- Experience working with customers with a non-technology orientation
- Experience architecting, deploying, and scaling software (web and mobile cloud-based, B2B, multi-sided platforms preferred).
- Strong communication with ability to convey technical topics in easy-to-understand terms and work collaboratively with cross-functional teams and external partners.
- Passionate for deploying technology in service of the most pressing and complex social challenges.
- Thrives in an environment working with and developing people from diverse backgrounds and perspectives.
- Experience identifying, selecting, and managing technology consultants.
- Experience in nonprofits, specifically in human services.
- Familiarity with government-sponsored technology platforms.
- Proficiency with Salesforce.
- Experience with federated models, organizations with subsidiaries, and business to business solution provision.
- Evidence of exposure to architectural patterns of a large, high-scale web application (e.g., well-designed APIs, high volume data pipelines, efficient algorithms).
- Experience with web best practices such as A/B testing, test coverage and automation, agile, dev ops.
ABOUT FAMILY PROMISE
Family Promise is the national leader addressing Family Homelessness, comprising more than 200+ Affiliates in 43 states and engaging 200,000 volunteers nationwide. Since our inception in 1988, we have served more than 1 million people— over 177,000 family members in 2020. Our holistic, community-based response delivers a comprehensive set of solutions through prevention, shelter, and stabilization services. Family Promise was just awarded Charity Navigator’s coveted 4-star rating for its eighth consecutive year, a top distinction from America’s largest independent charity evaluator. Only 6% of charities achieve this honor.
Family Promise’s Core Values reflect the guiding principles that our team practices in their daily service to the families in need:
· Hospitality – Family Promise is more than shelter—we are hospitality in action. Our 200,000 volunteers nationwide are companions to families, sharing meals, community connections, and compassion so families can focus on achieving their goals.
· Empathy – Family Promise provides highly individualized, person-centered, trauma-informed care. Empathy is at the center of all we do, and we take the time to understand all perspectives. This ensures we deliver excellent service to our guests and maintain a productive and enjoyable work environment.
· Community – Family Promise builds bridges among neighbors, bringing together existing resources to fulfill our mission. The relationships between family members, volunteers, and staff are transformative and power a national movement of communities committed to solving the crisis of family homelessness.
· Dynamism – Family Promise is a dynamic organization, taking a holistic approach to ending family homelessness. Our services, advocacy, and leadership are nimble and future-focused, providing customized and evolving solutions.
· Innovation – Family Promise is innovative and entrepreneurial. Our 200+ Affiliates create original programs in response to local needs. These grassroots initiatives are replicated in communities of all shapes and sizes across the country.
· Empowerment – Family Promise empowers all stakeholders – family members, volunteers, donors, community members, businesses, and government officials – to effect change in their communities so families can achieve economic stability and children can access a brighter future.
Family Promise provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
PLEASE SEND A COVER LETTER AND RESUME TO:
<humanresources at familypromise.org> with “ Chief Technology Officer” in the subject line.