For each visitor to this website, our web servers may automatically recognize and collect non-personally-identifiable information, such as in-bound domain names, your computer’s IP address, the type of browser in use and pages viewed. This data tells us which pages our users visit and what information they volunteer, such as survey information and/or site registrations.
We only collect personally-identifiable information about you when you voluntarily submit such information to us, for example by signing up for the FP newsletter or to donate. Depending on the service you choose, the personally-identifiable information collected may include your name, email address, address, phone number, payment details, organizational affiliation and similar information (“Personal Information”).
Use of Information
Any Personal Information we collect is used only for internal review, to improve our web content, to optimize your web experience and, in some cases, to customize the content and/or layout of select pages.
We will only use Personal Information you provide to us for the purpose for which it was provided, for example:
- to periodically alert you to FP news and events;
- to respond to inquiries;
- to process donations;
- to provide you with and improve our services to you.
We do not share your Personal Information with any third parties without your consent, except under the following circumstances:
- as set forth above;
- in response to a subpoena or when we are required to do so by law, for example, in response to a court order or other legal obligation;
- in response to a law enforcement agency’s request;
- to protect the security or confidentiality of our records;
- in special cases when we have reason to believe that disclosing this information is necessary to identify, contact or bring legal action against someone who may be causing injury to or interference with our rights; or
- in the event FP goes through a reorganization (e.g., a merger into another organization), in which case you will be notified via a prominent notice on the website of any such transfer of your Personal Information.
- we may employ other companies and individuals (agents) to perform functions on our behalf. Examples may include providing technical assistance, mailing services and customer service. These other agents will have access to Personal Information and other information only as necessary to perform their functions and to the extent permitted by law.
Use of IP Addresses
We may use your IP address to help diagnose problems with our server and to administer our website.
This site incorporates reasonable and appropriate safeguards using industry standard technology to heighten the security, accuracy and privacy of any Personal Information we have collected, and we have put in place reasonable precautions to protect information from loss and misuse. Our security and privacy policies are periodically reviewed and enhanced as required.
Our website contains links to other websites. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such websites.
We recognize the importance of protecting the privacy of children on the web and will never collect or maintain information at our website from those we actually know are under 13 years old. No part of our website is directed at children under the age of 13, and we do not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under age 13. If we discover that a person under the age of 13 has provided us with any Personal Information, we will delete that information from our systems. We do not reply to information requests from children under the age of 13, if so identified. A parent or guardian must initiate any requests for information from children under the age of 13 on their behalf. We encourage parents to supervise children when they browse the internet.
Update Personal Information and Communications Preferences
If you wish to update your Personal Information with us or change your communications preferences or if you no longer wish to receive communications from us, please tell us so by email, phone or written letter. Please include your exact name and contact details so that we can correctly remove you from our mailing list. Our mailing address is:
71 Summit Ave.
Summit, NJ 07901
We can be reached via email or by telephone at (908) 273-1100.
We reserve the right to modify or supplement this policy at any time. If a material change to this policy is made, we will post a notice on the home page, and any changes to the policy will be posted on this page.
If you have any questions about our privacy statement or the practices of this site, please email us.
Revised: March 16, 2015